The interview of foreign trade companies is similar to that of other companies. Besides the general requirements, the following preparations are required:
1. Foreign Languages
Generally speaking, foreign trade companies will test the foreign language ability of interviewees during interviews. Many interviewers have a general understanding of your foreign language level as soon as you speak. So, they usually ask issues that you may not prepare for. For example, they may set a scene to let you write a paragraph. They may also give a piece of material for you to translate or chat with you in English.
Here’s a piece of advice: you should be familiar with your English resume. The interviewer may ask you for some information on the resume. But as newcomers, you ask others to help to translate or process your resumes sometimes. As a result, you are not familiar enough with some of the content on the resumes. You can’t tell what’s on your resume during the interview, which is not appropriate.
2. Understand the process of foreign trade
As novices, you should know the logistics, capital quantity and information flow of foreign trade in advance. If possible, you also need to know the main business of the interviewing company in advance that you can outline its products or customers. This will make the interviewer think that you know the company well to leave a good impression.
3. Pay attention to politeness and appropriateness during interviews
You should attend the interview in formal clothes. When you speak, you should look squarely at the interviewer who asks you questions, and answer in proper speed. Don’t make much sound when opening or closing the door. When you go out, you should express your thanks to the interviewer and the staff. If you don’t know how to answer some questions, you’d better speak frankly. Don’t play tricks. After being pointed out by the interviewer, don’t try to explain it or even argue with the interviewer. A friend told me something like this. A young man who was interviewed almost quarreled with the interviewer. After he was rejected, the man called the company several times and asked for an explanation for the rejection, giving the impression of being unreasonable. This kind of people is the last that firms will hire.
4. Show your respect in interviews
Some companies organize group interviews. All the interviewees discuss the topics together. Sometimes the company even asks interviewees to eat with the management of the company. In this case, even if it is a knock out system, it is necessary to respect others. During the discussion, don’t attack other interviewees to prove your ideas. Don’t over-judge the other party’s point of view. Although there is competition, in order to solve a problem, you must listen and refer to other people’s opinions and suggestions.
Many companies use this form to examine whether the interviewees have clear ideas, whether they are suitable for teamwork, whether they can listen to other people’s advice.
Please check our website to see all the blogs. www.extripod.com
Or Visit our Alibaba Website www.extripod.cn
1. Is There Any Room for Newcomers in Foreign Trade?
2. What Kind of Employees Do Foreign Trade Enterprises Prefer?
3. How Do Newcomers Choose the Right Firm?
4. How Do Novices Prepare for Interviews?
5. How to Choose the Right Foreign Trade Position?
6. Are Girls Suitable for Foreign Trade Sales?
7. Do Exports of Traditional Industries Have Development Space?
8. Is Foreign Trade Newcomer’s Income Generally Low?
9. How to Adapt to Foreign Trade Posts Asap?
10. How to Improve English Ability in the Short Term?
11. How Can Newcomers Better Communicate with the Leaders?
12. How to Get the Client’s Trust in the Short Term?
13. What Should I Do if I Have A Dispute with the Client?
14. How to Adjust Attitudes When Meeting Differences in Company?
15. How to Communicate with Foreign Customers?
16. What Should I Do if the Company is Filled with Intrigue?
17. What Reference Books Should Foreign Trade Newcomers Read?
18. How to Make Yourself Look More Professional?
19. How to Adjust Mentality When You Switch to Foreign Trade?
20. How Does the Salesclerk Calculate the Gross Profit?
21. How to Calculate the Export Tax Rebate?
22. How do Newcomers Develop Market Based on its Features?
23. How to Calculate the Export Cost Price?
24. How to Fill in the Vendor Registration Form?
25. What is the Format of A Letter of Authority?
26. How to Attract Potential Customers in the Exhibition?
27. The Main Features of Reverse Auction and the Skills to Attend It
28. The Experience of Attending A Reverse Auction
29. Why Don’t Place Orders for Good Price and Products?
30. What if Customers Require Not to Supply to Its Competitors?
31. Can You Really Buy Real Buyer Information?
32. How to Make A Standardized Quotation?
33. How to Prepare for Customers to Visit Our Factory?
34. How Should We Arrange for the Visit of Executive Clients?
35. How to Prepare for the Quality Inspection?
36. What Should Be Noted When Eating Food with Customers?
37. How to Work as A Good Banquet Translator?
38. How to Reasonably Arrange the Time When Customers Visit?
39. How to Prepare for Visiting Clients Abroad?
40. How to Make the Minutes of the Meeting?
41. What If Clients Propose to Sign Exclusive Sales Agreements?
42. Is the Cost of the Hotel Paid by Customers or Us When Visiting?
43. Can Subcontractor Warranty be Provided to End-users?
44. What If the Customer Suddenly Does Not Want the Goods?
45. Suppliers Lost Chances for Backing Up on the Highway
46. How to Maximize Profit through Reasonable Price Strategy
47. How Should Foreign Trade Companies Find their Position?
48. How Do Foreign Trade Companies Choose Export Suppliers?
49. How to Enhance the Control and Influence over Suppliers?
50. Is It Proper to Let Clients Ask Manufacturers to Solve Problems?
51. How to Agent Domestic Factories to Export Their Products?
52. Which Way to Pay the Agency Fee is better?
53. Why Do You Have to Know about Products, Suppliers, Clients?
54. The Process and Cost Calculation of Agent Import Business
55. How to Straighten Out Relationships in the Agency Contract?
56. How Do We Show That We Need An Agent in the Contract?
57. How to Do Good Jobs of Agency Import Agreement Service?
58. How to Determine A Reasonable Agency Fee?
59. Is the Agency Business with Low Agency Fees Worth Doing?
60. Why Do Manufacturers with Foreign Trade Rights Want Agents?
61. How to Use Foreign Trade Company to Open Overseas Market?
62. What are the Difficulties in Collecting Money by Letter of Credit?
63. If Supply Cycle is Long, How to Control the Risk of Quotation?
64. What if Tax Rebate Policy Cause Prices Lower Than Costs?
65. Tips for Paying Commissions to Foreign Middlemen or Agents
66. Why Use Written Documents for Business Contacts?
67. How to Control the Risk of Export Quotes?
68. How to Trade in the Middle East While Controlling Risks?
69. How to Offer the CIF Price to Products with Long Supply Cycle?
70. The Main Situation of Foreign Trade Fraud
71. How to Handle Costs of Repacking Goods at Destination Port?
72. What If the Qualified Products Aren’t Enough to the Contract?
73. How to Handle the Return or Repair of Exported Goods?
74. What Should I Do with Insubstantial Complaints from Clients?
75. How to Handle Disputes in the Agent Export Contract?
76. What If Clients Ask Us to Replenish or Repair Products?
77. What if Clients Demand Compensation for Packing Damage?
78. Parts of Previous Goods Rusted, Clients Ask to Replenish Freely
79. Who Should Bear Import Tariff and VAT for Free Replenishment?
80. What If the Goods Deformed the Container Before Shipment?
81. What If Customers Threaten to Punish Us for Quality Problems?
82. Why Do Customers Never Feed Back on Our Quality?
83. What If Customers Ask Compensation for Damaged Products?
84. What If the Forwarder Delay Delivery, Bringing Extra Costs?
85. What If Customers Have Placed Orders with Wrong Quotes?