I work for a foreign trade company in Shanghai. A client who has long-term cooperation with us will visit our company recently and is expected to stay in Shanghai for three days. So my leader asks me to make some preparations for the visit, what should I do? During the time of the client in Shanghai, do I need to arrange activities for him?
For such a regular visit, we generally confirm with the client in advance whether we need to book the hotel and pick up him. We will also ask about his schedule for this visit and what needs our company to prepare.
For work, you should check the order situation of the past year or even a few years and make some comparisons. Then look at the changes in the number of orders for existing products, recent inquiry, and present problems. You can also communicate with clients about new products or projects. To put it simply, look back at the past, look to the future, and look for new business opportunities.
In general, the salesman can accompany the client to dinner on the night of the arrival in Shanghai. But don’t take too long for dinner and let the client rest early. The next morning, after the early rush hour, you take the client to the company. You can arrange a simple lunch after a short conversation. Formal talks are arranged in the afternoon, which talks about your plans, the client’s needs, and the conditions of your products. Compared with other suppliers, what the advantages and disadvantages your products have. And where improvements are needed. If the client brings some new inquiry or project, you can also talk about how to arrange the progress of the quotation, or how to follow up on the project.
For some contents that need to be implemented, you should make minutes of the meeting. Both parties will sign and confirm the minutes as a written document. It should be noted that even if there are some different opinions, you should treat them with courtesy.
In the case of regular visits, work matters generally need only half a day or a day. You should arrange the client to meet with the main relevant leaders of your company. During the visit, one official banquet is enough. Eating each meal in a complex way will make the client very tired.
When choosing gifts, you should get your client the gift he likes but not the expensive one.
If the client needs you to see him off, you should try to get to the airport early so as not to miss the flight.
In other aspects, it is necessary to arrange according to the needs of clients. Some clients need you to arrange shopping, sightseeing, etc. However, some clients who want to visit other suppliers or private friends will schedule themselves. You also have to consider the time difference when some clients come to China. They need enough time to rest, so don’t arrange too much.
Please check our website to see all the blogs. www.extripod.com
Or Visit our Alibaba Website www.extripod.cn
1. Is There Any Room for Newcomers in Foreign Trade?
2. What Kind of Employees Do Foreign Trade Enterprises Prefer?
3. How Do Newcomers Choose the Right Firm?
4. How Do Novices Prepare for Interviews?
5. How to Choose the Right Foreign Trade Position?
6. Are Girls Suitable for Foreign Trade Sales?
7. Do Exports of Traditional Industries Have Development Space?
8. Is Foreign Trade Newcomer’s Income Generally Low?
9. How to Adapt to Foreign Trade Posts Asap?
10. How to Improve English Ability in the Short Term?
11. How Can Newcomers Better Communicate with the Leaders?
12. How to Get the Client’s Trust in the Short Term?
13. What Should I Do if I Have A Dispute with the Client?
14. How to Adjust Attitudes When Meeting Differences in Company?
15. How to Communicate with Foreign Customers?
16. What Should I Do if the Company is Filled with Intrigue?
17. What Reference Books Should Foreign Trade Newcomers Read?
18. How to Make Yourself Look More Professional?
19. How to Adjust Mentality When You Switch to Foreign Trade?
20. How Does the Salesclerk Calculate the Gross Profit?
21. How to Calculate the Export Tax Rebate?
22. How do Newcomers Develop Market Based on its Features?
23. How to Calculate the Export Cost Price?
24. How to Fill in the Vendor Registration Form?
25. What is the Format of A Letter of Authority?
26. How to Attract Potential Customers in the Exhibition?
27. The Main Features of Reverse Auction and the Skills to Attend It
28. The Experience of Attending A Reverse Auction
29. Why Don’t Place Orders for Good Price and Products?
30. What if Customers Require Not to Supply to Its Competitors?
31. Can You Really Buy Real Buyer Information?
32. How to Make A Standardized Quotation?
33. How to Prepare for Customers to Visit Our Factory?
34. How Should We Arrange for the Visit of Executive Clients?
35. How to Prepare for the Quality Inspection?
36. What Should Be Noted When Eating Food with Customers?
37. How to Work as A Good Banquet Translator?
38. How to Reasonably Arrange the Time When Customers Visit?
39. How to Prepare for Visiting Clients Abroad?
40. How to Make the Minutes of the Meeting?
41. What If Clients Propose to Sign Exclusive Sales Agreements?
42. Is the Cost of the Hotel Paid by Customers or Us When Visiting?
43. Can Subcontractor Warranty be Provided to End-users?
44. What If the Customer Suddenly Does Not Want the Goods?
45. Suppliers Lost Chances for Backing Up on the Highway
46. How to Maximize Profit through Reasonable Price Strategy
47. How Should Foreign Trade Companies Find their Position?
48. How Do Foreign Trade Companies Choose Export Suppliers?
49. How to Enhance the Control and Influence over Suppliers?
50. Is It Proper to Let Clients Ask Manufacturers to Solve Problems?
51. How to Agent Domestic Factories to Export Their Products?
52. Which Way to Pay the Agency Fee is better?
53. Why Do You Have to Know about Products, Suppliers, Clients?
54. The Process and Cost Calculation of Agent Import Business
55. How to Straighten Out Relationships in the Agency Contract?
56. How Do We Show That We Need An Agent in the Contract?
57. How to Do Good Jobs of Agency Import Agreement Service?
58. How to Determine A Reasonable Agency Fee?
59. Is the Agency Business with Low Agency Fees Worth Doing?
60. Why Do Manufacturers with Foreign Trade Rights Want Agents?
61. How to Use Foreign Trade Company to Open Overseas Market?
62. What are the Difficulties in Collecting Money by Letter of Credit?
63. If Supply Cycle is Long, How to Control the Risk of Quotation?
64. What if Tax Rebate Policy Cause Prices Lower Than Costs?
65. Tips for Paying Commissions to Foreign Middlemen or Agents
66. Why Use Written Documents for Business Contacts?
67. How to Control the Risk of Export Quotes?
68. How to Trade in the Middle East While Controlling Risks?
69. How to Offer the CIF Price to Products with Long Supply Cycle?
70. The Main Situation of Foreign Trade Fraud
71. How to Handle Costs of Repacking Goods at Destination Port?
72. What If the Qualified Products Aren’t Enough to the Contract?
73. How to Handle the Return or Repair of Exported Goods?
74. What Should I Do with Insubstantial Complaints from Clients?
75. How to Handle Disputes in the Agent Export Contract?
76. What If Clients Ask Us to Replenish or Repair Products?
77. What if Clients Demand Compensation for Packing Damage?
78. Parts of Previous Goods Rusted, Clients Ask to Replenish Freely
79. Who Should Bear Import Tariff and VAT for Free Replenishment?
80. What If the Goods Deformed the Container Before Shipment?
81. What If Customers Threaten to Punish Us for Quality Problems?
82. Why Do Customers Never Feed Back on Our Quality?
83. What If Customers Ask Compensation for Damaged Products?
84. What If the Forwarder Delay Delivery, Bringing Extra Costs?
85. What If Customers Have Placed Orders with Wrong Quotes?