The company arranged for me to attend an exhibition for international buyers in Shanghai. How can I attract customers and promote customer transactions in the exhibition?
Attending the exhibition is a little stressful for newcomers. You have to face a lot of people, many of them potential customers. Thus, you must attach importance to it and go all out. If you are sure to attend the exhibition, you have to adjust yourself to your best. Don’t stay up late the night before so that you can meet customers in good condition. If it is a woman, try to make a light makeup.
In terms of clothing, try to dress neatly and gracefully at the exhibition. You should take the initiative to greet customers and introduce the company’s products and profile to interested customers timely. In this way, customers can make a good impression of your company and your service in a short period. Try to get customers’ business cards so that you can follow them further.
When introducing products, you should use standard technical terms to introduce materials, processes, performance, appearance, quality certification, product advantages, etc. You should try to talk with customers fluently in English. In particular, you should be proficient in using the product terminology. If customers ask for the price, you can quote directly for the varieties you are familiar with. If you can’t confirm it on the spot, you can tell the customer that you need to confirm it with the company. Then, you can send an email to quote within three days.
If some customers speak English quickly and the pronunciation is not too standard, you can ask him to speak slower. You can even ask him to write some crucial parameters on paper. If customers keep saying but you don’t understand, they will find it challenging to communicate with you, and then leave.
When introducing, try to be as concise as possible. You should listen carefully to your customers’ needs and then answer them in a targeted manner. Otherwise, you show a bunch of products but customers don’t want.
At the exhibition, sometimes you may meet general managers of some big companies. They are concerned with strategic planning. And they come for long-term strategic partners. You can invite them to visit your factory or manufacturing to strive for long-term cooperation.
When introducing products, you shouldn’t always say that your products are inexpensive. Emphasizing the low price will make customers doubt the quality of the product. It is best to introduce some authoritative certification of the product. Or you can say that you have supplied goods to a well-known company in the industry. So, customers will have confidence in your quality.
If the customer cares about the price, you can emphasize it. Meanwhile, you’d better explain that the competitiveness of your prices comes from a highly specialized division of labor or technical improvements. Then, customers will be optimistic about the quality of the products.
Also, you should make a record on paper of the customers you have received. Then you can use the stapler/clip to keep the related materials together. After the exhibition of the day, you should file the relevant transaction records and information. The price and technical details that need to be confirmed should be affirmed with the relevant departments of the company asap. If possible, call or email customers you meet at the exhibition. Replying asap will make customers feel that you are doing your best.
Please check our website to see all the blogs. www.extripod.com
Or Visit our Alibaba Website www.extripod.cn
1. Is There Any Room for Newcomers in Foreign Trade?
2. What Kind of Employees Do Foreign Trade Enterprises Prefer?
3. How Do Newcomers Choose the Right Firm?
4. How Do Novices Prepare for Interviews?
5. How to Choose the Right Foreign Trade Position?
6. Are Girls Suitable for Foreign Trade Sales?
7. Do Exports of Traditional Industries Have Development Space?
8. Is Foreign Trade Newcomer’s Income Generally Low?
9. How to Adapt to Foreign Trade Posts Asap?
10. How to Improve English Ability in the Short Term?
11. How Can Newcomers Better Communicate with the Leaders?
12. How to Get the Client’s Trust in the Short Term?
13. What Should I Do if I Have A Dispute with the Client?
14. How to Adjust Attitudes When Meeting Differences in Company?
15. How to Communicate with Foreign Customers?
16. What Should I Do if the Company is Filled with Intrigue?
17. What Reference Books Should Foreign Trade Newcomers Read?
18. How to Make Yourself Look More Professional?
19. How to Adjust Mentality When You Switch to Foreign Trade?
20. How Does the Salesclerk Calculate the Gross Profit?
21. How to Calculate the Export Tax Rebate?
22. How do Newcomers Develop Market Based on its Features?
23. How to Calculate the Export Cost Price?
24. How to Fill in the Vendor Registration Form?
25. What is the Format of A Letter of Authority?
26. How to Attract Potential Customers in the Exhibition?
27. The Main Features of Reverse Auction and the Skills to Attend It
28. The Experience of Attending A Reverse Auction
29. Why Don’t Place Orders for Good Price and Products?
30. What if Customers Require Not to Supply to Its Competitors?
31. Can You Really Buy Real Buyer Information?
32. How to Make A Standardized Quotation?
33. How to Prepare for Customers to Visit Our Factory?
34. How Should We Arrange for the Visit of Executive Clients?
35. How to Prepare for the Quality Inspection?
36. What Should Be Noted When Eating Food with Customers?
37. How to Work as A Good Banquet Translator?
38. How to Reasonably Arrange the Time When Customers Visit?
39. How to Prepare for Visiting Clients Abroad?
40. How to Make the Minutes of the Meeting?
41. What If Clients Propose to Sign Exclusive Sales Agreements?
42. Is the Cost of the Hotel Paid by Customers or Us When Visiting?
43. Can Subcontractor Warranty be Provided to End-users?
44. What If the Customer Suddenly Does Not Want the Goods?
45. Suppliers Lost Chances for Backing Up on the Highway
46. How to Maximize Profit through Reasonable Price Strategy
47. How Should Foreign Trade Companies Find their Position?
48. How Do Foreign Trade Companies Choose Export Suppliers?
49. How to Enhance the Control and Influence over Suppliers?
50. Is It Proper to Let Clients Ask Manufacturers to Solve Problems?
51. How to Agent Domestic Factories to Export Their Products?
52. Which Way to Pay the Agency Fee is better?
53. Why Do You Have to Know about Products, Suppliers, Clients?
54. The Process and Cost Calculation of Agent Import Business
55. How to Straighten Out Relationships in the Agency Contract?
56. How Do We Show That We Need An Agent in the Contract?
57. How to Do Good Jobs of Agency Import Agreement Service?
58. How to Determine A Reasonable Agency Fee?
59. Is the Agency Business with Low Agency Fees Worth Doing?
60. Why Do Manufacturers with Foreign Trade Rights Want Agents?
61. How to Use Foreign Trade Company to Open Overseas Market?
62. What are the Difficulties in Collecting Money by Letter of Credit?
63. If Supply Cycle is Long, How to Control the Risk of Quotation?
64. What if Tax Rebate Policy Cause Prices Lower Than Costs?
65. Tips for Paying Commissions to Foreign Middlemen or Agents
66. Why Use Written Documents for Business Contacts?
67. How to Control the Risk of Export Quotes?
68. How to Trade in the Middle East While Controlling Risks?
69. How to Offer the CIF Price to Products with Long Supply Cycle?
70. The Main Situation of Foreign Trade Fraud
71. How to Handle Costs of Repacking Goods at Destination Port?
72. What If the Qualified Products Aren’t Enough to the Contract?
73. How to Handle the Return or Repair of Exported Goods?
74. What Should I Do with Insubstantial Complaints from Clients?
75. How to Handle Disputes in the Agent Export Contract?
76. What If Clients Ask Us to Replenish or Repair Products?
77. What if Clients Demand Compensation for Packing Damage?
78. Parts of Previous Goods Rusted, Clients Ask to Replenish Freely
79. Who Should Bear Import Tariff and VAT for Free Replenishment?
80. What If the Goods Deformed the Container Before Shipment?
81. What If Customers Threaten to Punish Us for Quality Problems?
82. Why Do Customers Never Feed Back on Our Quality?
83. What If Customers Ask Compensation for Damaged Products?
84. What If the Forwarder Delay Delivery, Bringing Extra Costs?
85. What If Customers Have Placed Orders with Wrong Quotes?