I am new to the foreign trade and receive many inquiries that ask for formal quotations. But I don’t know much about it. Is there a template or format that can be used for reference?
In general, a formal quotation should include the following:
- The name of your company
- File names, such as OFFER, Quotation or firm price list
- Target company and target contact
- The inquiry number of the other party (if the other party has a number, it must be noted for their query.), and your quotation number.
- Specific product information, including product specifications, models, materials, grades, figure numbers.
- Unit price, quantity, unit, total price, trading method (CIF or FOB, etc.), currency unit.
- Delivery date (if there is a sample to confirm, should indicate the sample production cycle and the number of days after the sample confirmation). If it is a long-term delivery contract, you should note the interval, quantity, etc. of each delivery.
- Payment method (L/C or T/T; receipt of payment before shipment, or receipt of payment after shipment)
- The validity period of the quotation (this is very important, especially when the price changes). Some foreign trade people use a period to indicate the validity of the price, then the quotation time must be stated. Otherwise, it is easy to cause disputes.
- Quotation time, which is also important.
- Sign, indicating who quoted, the name of the company represented, which generally has a title. Some large project quotations or bids need to be authorized by legal persons before they have the right to quote. Some formal quotations require official seals or hand signatures.
- Your contact information
- Notes or other contents, such as product certification, certification of origin, trademark information, etc.
If the customer needs a copy of the original, you must send the price by courier. If the customer can accept the quotation of the electronic document, I suggest using the it in PDF file format.
The quotation should be professional as much as possible so that the customer has confidence in you.
Please check our website to see all the blogs. www.extripod.com
Or Visit our Alibaba Website www.extripod.cn