Our company does export business for a short time. Recently, a batch of mechanical parts will be exported. So the customer informs us that their engineers will come over for inspection and ask us to do some preparations. What preparations should we make? How should we get along with customers when they do the quality inspection?
Many foreign trade orders involve quality inspections. Sometimes customers arrange engineers, occasionally staffs in China’s subsidiaries to check, and sometimes the third party inspection agency to inspect. And the inspection also divides into several categories. The first is the inspection before the start of cooperation. The customer checks the supplier’s materials before production to ensure that the materials meet the requirements. The second is the inspection of the product production process in production. For example, after the sample comes out, before the formal mass production, or after the mold production is finished, customers inspect the mold. They want to control the quality of the finished product by the control of the quality of the mold. Third, there is also the inspection before the shipment.
Preparation for inspection
No matter what kind of inspection it is, business personnel should prepare for the inspection as soon as possible.
Firstly, you should be familiar with all the technical materials related to the contract, especially drawings, product quality requirements, inspection standards, specifications, etc. And you should communicate with the relevant people to find out if the items to be inspected are ready. Then, you inform the customer of the status of the product to be inspected. So they can arrange a specific inspection time and confirm the inspection requirements. Also, you should confirm the customer’s requirements with the people in charge of quality or inspection in your company to see if all of them can be achieved. You’d better pre-check all your products before the customer comes. If there is a problem, you can correct it. Do not delay the preparation until the customer arrives, which makes it impossible to check, or many aspects are not qualified.
Before the customer visits, you should sort out all the results of your pre-test. After inspectors come to the factory, you can first hold a simple meeting to confirm the items, inspection standards, inspection tools, inspection methods. Then you should arrange for the relevant personnel to cooperate with the inspection, and pay attention to the safety protection when checking.
When checking, if there is a problem, you should cooperate and solve and communicate in time. As the supplier, you’d better also prepare an inspection record or copy the customer inspection record. After the inspection, it is recommended to hold some small meetings to summarize the results of the inspection and see what needs to be improved. If all are qualified, it would be simple. However, if there are unqualified products, both sides need to communicate how to deal with them.
Besides, some inspectors are the final user of the product. They have a great influence on which supplier to choose, so you should respect their opinions. As users, their understanding of the product may not be the same as that of the manufacturer. So you need to fully understand their requirements for product function so that the product can be improved later.
Sometimes the customer will arrange third-party inspections, such as inspection or acceptance reports from international inspection companies like BV, SGS. You should maintain good communication and coordination with these inspectors and provide them with some convenience. Don’t think there’s no problem with the quality of your products that you can attach no importance to these inspectors.
The staff of a famous testing agency goes to inspect the factory on behalf of the customer. Probably the customer has told the supplier that the factory inspection is just a procedure. Therefore, the factory feels that there is no need to pay much attention to these inspectors. The factory is remote, and the traffic is not convenient. The inspectors want the factory to pick them up but is rejected by the factory. As a result, the inspectors go through a lot of trouble to find the factory, but the factory complains that they are late. According to the process of factory inspection, there is no problem. But one inspector may not satisfy with their treat, so he notes that the factory may be suspected of using child labor. Some employees in the factory, such as the labeling, do not reach the legal working age indeed.
The note is not a necessary item for the report, but the customer has to pay attention to it after adding this. Some Western companies are sensitive to this issue. Finally, the customer stops the cooperation with this supplier and purchase from others. This incident gives a heavy hit to this supplier, losing 80% of his orders. If the factory can properly communicate with inspectors and provide some convenience, it may not happen. Therefore, try to get well along with others and learn to cooperate.
Please check our website to see all the blogs. www.extripod.com
Or Visit our Alibaba Website www.extripod.cn
1. Is There Any Room for Newcomers in Foreign Trade?
2. What Kind of Employees Do Foreign Trade Enterprises Prefer?
3. How Do Newcomers Choose the Right Firm?
4. How Do Novices Prepare for Interviews?
5. How to Choose the Right Foreign Trade Position?
6. Are Girls Suitable for Foreign Trade Sales?
7. Do Exports of Traditional Industries Have Development Space?
8. Is Foreign Trade Newcomer’s Income Generally Low?
9. How to Adapt to Foreign Trade Posts Asap?
10. How to Improve English Ability in the Short Term?
11. How Can Newcomers Better Communicate with the Leaders?
12. How to Get the Client’s Trust in the Short Term?
13. What Should I Do if I Have A Dispute with the Client?
14. How to Adjust Attitudes When Meeting Differences in Company?
15. How to Communicate with Foreign Customers?
16. What Should I Do if the Company is Filled with Intrigue?
17. What Reference Books Should Foreign Trade Newcomers Read?
18. How to Make Yourself Look More Professional?
19. How to Adjust Mentality When You Switch to Foreign Trade?
20. How Does the Salesclerk Calculate the Gross Profit?
21. How to Calculate the Export Tax Rebate?
22. How do Newcomers Develop Market Based on its Features?
23. How to Calculate the Export Cost Price?
24. How to Fill in the Vendor Registration Form?
25. What is the Format of A Letter of Authority?
26. How to Attract Potential Customers in the Exhibition?
27. The Main Features of Reverse Auction and the Skills to Attend It
28. The Experience of Attending A Reverse Auction
29. Why Don’t Place Orders for Good Price and Products?
30. What if Customers Require Not to Supply to Its Competitors?
31. Can You Really Buy Real Buyer Information?
32. How to Make A Standardized Quotation?
33. How to Prepare for Customers to Visit Our Factory?
34. How Should We Arrange for the Visit of Executive Clients?
35. How to Prepare for the Quality Inspection?
36. What Should Be Noted When Eating Food with Customers?
37. How to Work as A Good Banquet Translator?
38. How to Reasonably Arrange the Time When Customers Visit?
39. How to Prepare for Visiting Clients Abroad?
40. How to Make the Minutes of the Meeting?
41. What If Clients Propose to Sign Exclusive Sales Agreements?
42. Is the Cost of the Hotel Paid by Customers or Us When Visiting?
43. Can Subcontractor Warranty be Provided to End-users?
44. What If the Customer Suddenly Does Not Want the Goods?
45. Suppliers Lost Chances for Backing Up on the Highway
46. How to Maximize Profit through Reasonable Price Strategy
47. How Should Foreign Trade Companies Find their Position?
48. How Do Foreign Trade Companies Choose Export Suppliers?
49. How to Enhance the Control and Influence over Suppliers?
50. Is It Proper to Let Clients Ask Manufacturers to Solve Problems?
51. How to Agent Domestic Factories to Export Their Products?
52. Which Way to Pay the Agency Fee is better?
53. Why Do You Have to Know about Products, Suppliers, Clients?
54. The Process and Cost Calculation of Agent Import Business
55. How to Straighten Out Relationships in the Agency Contract?
56. How Do We Show That We Need An Agent in the Contract?
57. How to Do Good Jobs of Agency Import Agreement Service?
58. How to Determine A Reasonable Agency Fee?
59. Is the Agency Business with Low Agency Fees Worth Doing?
60. Why Do Manufacturers with Foreign Trade Rights Want Agents?
61. How to Use Foreign Trade Company to Open Overseas Market?
62. What are the Difficulties in Collecting Money by Letter of Credit?
63. If Supply Cycle is Long, How to Control the Risk of Quotation?
64. What if Tax Rebate Policy Cause Prices Lower Than Costs?
65. Tips for Paying Commissions to Foreign Middlemen or Agents
66. Why Use Written Documents for Business Contacts?
67. How to Control the Risk of Export Quotes?
68. How to Trade in the Middle East While Controlling Risks?
69. How to Offer the CIF Price to Products with Long Supply Cycle?
70. The Main Situation of Foreign Trade Fraud
71. How to Handle Costs of Repacking Goods at Destination Port?
72. What If the Qualified Products Aren’t Enough to the Contract?
73. How to Handle the Return or Repair of Exported Goods?
74. What Should I Do with Insubstantial Complaints from Clients?
75. How to Handle Disputes in the Agent Export Contract?
76. What If Clients Ask Us to Replenish or Repair Products?
77. What if Clients Demand Compensation for Packing Damage?
78. Parts of Previous Goods Rusted, Clients Ask to Replenish Freely
79. Who Should Bear Import Tariff and VAT for Free Replenishment?
80. What If the Goods Deformed the Container Before Shipment?
81. What If Customers Threaten to Punish Us for Quality Problems?
82. Why Do Customers Never Feed Back on Our Quality?
83. What If Customers Ask Compensation for Damaged Products?
84. What If the Forwarder Delay Delivery, Bringing Extra Costs?
85. What If Customers Have Placed Orders with Wrong Quotes?